As a functional nutritionist and dietitian, Melissa believes that food can act like medicine, and changes in diet can lead to improved outcomes for a variety of health concerns and conditions such as:
- Weight loss/management
- Diabetes, pre-diabetes, and blood glucose management
- Food allergies and sensitivities
- Cardiovascular diseases
- High blood pressure
- Digestive diseases and disorders
- Autoimmune conditions
- Chronic fatigue or low energy
- Migraines and chronic headaches
What to expect
Though there are plenty of dietary guidelines that are generally good for anyone, Melissa is skilled in nutrition counseling that addresses what is unique about the individual. She takes into consideration the foods you eat, your lifestyle and even your habits and relationships. The overall goal is identifying the foods that do and do not work specifically for you.
Complimentary First Call
Working together starts with a no-cost introductory phone call, where we briefly discuss any health challenges or dietary concerns you have. During this initial 30 minutes, Melissa will answer questions you may have and explain her approach to nutrition counseling and pricing. Depending on your unique situation, Melissa may recommend some lab work or DNA testing. The goal of the first call is to determine together if Melissa’s services may benefit you.
Working with Melissa
Once you’ve decided you would like to work with Melissa on improving your health through nutrition, you will complete a health history and nutrition questionnaire, and any agreed-upon testing or lab work. Upon completion, will receive a link to schedule your initial consultation via a HIPAA-compliant video conference.
During the meeting, Melissa will:
- Provide a comprehensive nutrition assessment based on your personal and family health history, labs, anthropometrics, lifestyle, and your individual health goals.
- Provide personalized recommendations including whole foods, supplements as needed, genetic testing and any additional labs or functional nutrition testing.
The initial consult typically takes an hour and a half to two hours, depending on the complexity.
Follow-up appointments are 30 to 60 minutes long and vary in frequency depending on your individual goals and needs.
Additional services available include...
- Detailed meal planning
- Genetic testing
- Laboratory testing
- Functional nutrition testing
- Supplement ordering